|1. Hill’s Science Diet||2. Purina Pro Plan||3. Hill’s Science Diet|
Every dog is different just like us human beings. Thus, getting to know your pet is a challenging task. In most of the cases, the food that goes inside your dog plays a crucial role in its well-being. Thus, it is vital to provide your pet with the best dog food for a sensitive stomach to make sure it remains healthy.
A dog that is unable to digest the nutrients of its diet can fall sick and refuse to eat. The dietary supplements which are included in the diet of dogs are quite essential and make sure that the immunity of your pet is improved. However, without the proper meals and lack of nutrition, there can be a significant decrease in the energy levels of your pet.
Most of the dogs which are considered to be family pets are seen to have a sensitive stomach. In other words, they suffer from a condition that does not allow them to digest all kinds of foods.
Thus, treating your favorite pet with the best dog food for sensitive stomachs is very necessary. This way, your doggie will face no difficulties in absorbing the essential nutrients from its diet, and you won’t need to worry about its health.
To make things easier, some of the best sensitive stomach dog food are listed here, along with their pros and cons. Apart from that you’ll also find useful tips for buying dog food, related FAQs and more to help you keep your dog healthy and happy.
Now, here are some of the best dog foods available in the market. These food options are proven to help and cure the condition of the sensitive stomach in pet dogs. Make sure to analyze this list as it has been mentioned here, and choose the best option as per your requirements.
Top 10 Best Dog Foods For Sensitive Stomach 2020
1. Hill’s Science Diet Dry
This dog food is quite popular in the market currently and has proven to deal with the issue of indigestion and gas related problems in pet dogs. Moreover, this food recipe is also quite useful in restoring the quality of the skin in your pet dog. The ratings and unbiased reviews of this product have earned it a spot on this list.
- The product is made with only natural ingredients.
- This product is manufactured in the USA and trustable ingredients.
- All professional veterinarians recommend it.
- The product might not suit all the breeds of pet dogs.
2. Purina Pro Plan Focus
The dog food by Purina has been in the market for a very long time, and it has gained the trust of dog owners since it arrived in the market. This dog food is available in both wet and dry options and thus leaves the customer to be the judge of its potency.
It can also help check the quality of skin in your pet dog and make sure it is enhanced over time, as it is considered to be one of the best dog food for sensitive stomach and skin.
- Due to the presence of rich anti-oxidants in the food, the immunity system of your dog is very well sustained.
- The presence of prebiotic fiber makes sure that your dog’s digestive properties are intact.
- This dog food contains real Salmon as one of its ingredients.
- The wet dog food for this particular option might not suit every pet dog.
3. Hill’s Science Diet Dry
All the dog foods from Hill’s Science have always satisfied the customers. However, things are new with the introduction of this dog food. This recent invention claims to cure all the issues in your pet dog in the most natural way possible. It can take care of your dog’s skin too, and can effectively minimize the hair fall.
- All the ingredients used in this product are natural.
- The product is made in the USA with top-quality components.
- All professional veterinarians recommend it.
- This food product is only subjected to a specific breed of pet dogs.
4. Hill’s Science Diet Canned
When it comes to the quality of the dog food, Hill’s Science Company has never let down its customers. The ingredients are top-notch, and the dogs love it. Most veterinarians also recommend this product all over the world. The canned containment of this food also makes it easy to store and use.
- The canned containment is very functional and useful.
- This dog food does a commendable job in restoring the gut health of dogs.
- All-natural products and made in the USA.
- Due to the food source being wet, it might not suit some dogs.
5. Purina One Natural
The products from Purina, as mentioned earlier, are some of the best treats that you can provide your pet dogs. The taste of the said product is much improved, and there has been an introduction to a lot of new probiotics in this meal.
- This food product contains Salmon as one of its ingredients.
- There are several Glucosamine sources in this food item that helps to support your pet’s joint health.
- This food product might not suit the larger breeds of dogs.
6. Holistique Blendz
The dog food from Solid Gold has been in the market for quite a lot of time now. The pet owners are quite happy with this product as they have found out that their pups love its taste. The dry nature of this food makes it crunchier and more delicious than the rest in the market.
- It contains high amounts of fibers and probiotics that significantly improve the gut health of your pup.
- The brand is over 40 years old and still in business and, thus, trusted by all pet owners and veterinarians as well.
- Due to the inclusion of a lot of ingredients in the food item, small pups may find difficulty in digesting it.
7. AvoDerm Natural Duck
This product by AvoDerm is an absolute gem. Not only does it provide the essential nutrients which are required to improve the issue of the sensitive stomach in pet dogs, but it also considers the criteria of taste factor. Making it one of the crunchiest and tastiest dog food in the market.
- The superfoods and other essential ingredients in this product are very vital to make sure your pup is healthy.
- The ingredients used in this product are natural and highly recommended by veterinarians.
- For larger dogs, this food product may not be the best option to go for.
8. Lucy Pet
Lucy’s pet products are quite renowned in the pet market industry. They include all essential components in the foods, which are significantly required by the pet dogs. The dog owners very appreciate the introduction of pure pumpkin and quinoa as their pets are livelier than ever.
- This food product contains pure pumpkin and quinoa, which are the critical ingredients for a healthy pup.
- The products used in this food item are natural, and the brand is quite well known as well.
- This food item should not be fed abruptly to your dog. This item must be introduced to dogs over a week, before fully dedicating this to them.
9. Royal Canin Maxi
Moreover, this category of food items primarily deals with dog breeds of bigger size and structure. Thus, the implementation of proper nutrients in their foods is always up to the mark.
- This food product is perfect for dogs which are bigger as it contains high amounts of proteins and fibers.
- The quality of ingredients used in this food item is very high and natural based.
- For smaller pups and dogs, this food product might not be the best option.
- The product is also quite expensive.
10. Hill’s Pet Nutrition Dry
Hill’s Company has always been known for renovation and new ideas. However, with this food product, the dog owners can be sure of the fact that their pet’s skin is always at the top of its quality. Adding on to it, this food item also takes care of the dogs that are suffering from sensitive stomach issues.
- One of the best options in the lot, if you consider treating your pet’s digestive problems.
- The ingredients used in these products are highly potent and very effective.
- Moreover, every dog breed can be fed this dog food.
- The availability of this food item might be a problematic concern for the dog owners.
Factors To Look For When Buying Best Dog Food For Sensitive Stomach
There are certain ingredients that you must avoid and certain that you must have here is the list:
Ingredients To Avoid In Dog Food
- Dairy:Dogs might love their milk and cheese but not all dogs can digest them if your dog is suffering from sensitive stomach you should not feed him with dairy product. Also you should get him checked for lactose tolerance.
- Fruits: Fruits contain sugars that can indicate your dog’s sensitive stomach. In kibbles as well percentage of fruits should not exceed more than 10%.
- Gluten:The foods that are designed for sensitive stomach should be 100% gluten free and should not include wheat, spelt, rye, or barley that contains gluten.
- No grains:It is best to buy dog foods that have no grains for the dogs who have sensitive stomach.
Ingredients Dog Food Must Have
- Easy to digest food items: Sweet potato, lamb, rice, chicken, and potatoes are few things that such dog food must have.
- Essential nutrients: It must contain essential nutrients like Vitamins, minerals, proteins, and carbohydrates to keep your dog healthier.
- Limited ingredient dog food: These foods contains very less ingredients and that reduces the chances to irritate your dog’s stomach and such food is also easy to digest.
- Food specially made for sensitive stomach: You can find the food that is designed especially for sensitive stomachs. You can check the label to find out the same.
- Food with pre and pro biotic: Pre and Pro Biotic are like digestive boosters and can help with varied stomach problems thus you can find the food item that has these ingredients.
- Food labels with complete and balanced nutrition: Get the food labels that have hand-picked ingredients for the dogs with sensitive stomach. Along with that the food should contain all the essential nutrients too.
2. Symptoms That Indicate Sensitive Stomach
Although the condition of the sensitive stomach in pet dogs is not a matter of enormous concern, it does require proper precautions and measures to make sure that their pets are not suffering in any way.
As most of the pet owners are seen to go with dogs as their family pet, most of the studies concerning sensitive stomach issues revolve around their behavior.
Dog owners whose pets are suffering from such a condition must make sure that the dietary supplements which they provide to their pets are high quality and do not lack in nutrients.
However, it is vital to uncover the issues which prove that your dog is most probably suffering from a sensitive stomach. As mentioned earlier, all dogs are genetically different, and as a result, the symptoms which would be discussed here might differ in their potential as well.
However, if your dog is undergoing any of these adversities quite too often, then you ought to visit a veterinarian and have them checked. Here are some of the symptoms that indicate that your dog has sensitive stomach.
- Vomiting: It is predominantly the most widespread symptom to confirm any disease in living beings. So, the same is true for your dog as well. While vomiting every once in a while can be considered normal for dogs, but vomiting out everything right after the meal each time can direct towards a sensitive stomach. Try not to overfeed your pet dog. It is understandable that as a pet owner, you feel the urge to feed your pup very often. However, this habit can result in adverse scenarios for your loved one.
- Gas:If you find your dog having gastric problems now and then, then you should probably visit a veterinarian and have them checked. Indigestion that occurs inside your dog’s stomach can hint towards the possibility of a sensitive stomach. It is advised to have your pet checked by a trained professional. However, in general, try to restrict the diet of your pup’s diet and include healthy food items only. The addition of junk food to the diet can often lead to stomach problems and other complications, and thus, such habits should be avoided.
- Diarrhea: This symptom is yet another distinguisher that enables the owners to analyze the situation and have their pets medicated. The loose stools can mean that your pet dog is probably suffering from some sort of disease, and in most cases that is a sensitive stomach. If you find that your dog is suffering from this state, have a veterinarian check it and find out the cause. The most probable cause of this problem may be a sensitive stomach, which has either been developed over time due to unhealthy food habits or due to other generic reasons.
- Lack of appetite: Sometimes dogs stop eating or start refusing the food it is clear sign that he is suffering from sensitive stomach. In such cases vets ask you to change the food and diet plan and she shifts your dog to sensitive stomach diet.
- Weight loss:Constant weight loss is also a sign of sensitive stomach. It can be caused because of not eating properly and not being able to digest the nutrients of the food.
Why Do Dogs Suffer Sensitive Stomach?
Now that the symptoms of the sensitive stomach for a pup are known to you, as an owner, you must also have an idea about the reasons that cause this condition to happen in the first place. Here are some insights which would help you out in knowing the reasons that cause a sensitive stomach in your pup.
1. The Inability To Digest The Proteins And Other Nutrients
This is probably the most common reason for such a condition in-home pets. The inability to extract the nutrients of the diet can be harmful in many ways. This situation can often lead to frequent vomiting after the meals and, thus, a sensitive stomach.
However, to counter this condition, you can treat your dog by adding the best dog food for sensitive stomach and diarrhea in its diet. This will take care of the upset tummy and also be easily digestible by your pup.
2. Allergies To Certain Ingredients In Diet
This phenomenon occurs less frequently than the indigestion condition; however, this situation can be equally adverse in its form.
There could potentially be some ingredients such as proteins and fats to which your pup might be allergic, and as a result, you can witness your dog have abnormal bowel movements and gas problems.
Although, this situation is quite simple to handle; however, getting to know the elements that cause allergy is the trickiest part and might as well take some time.
3. Your Dog Is Probably Suffering From A Mental Breakdown
Although this point seems to highly dramatic to people out there; however, emotional distress in the case of animals is as common as it might have been for humans. There could be a possibility that your pup is suffering from stress and anxiety over specific issues.
As an owner, it is your responsibility to track the record of your pup’s activities and make them feel like home. In some cases, small puppies are being handed over to a new family, and they take time to adjust to the new situations and miss the feeling of their previous home.
However, when this condition is extended over a long period, the diet of your pet can get disrupted and lead to a permanent scenario of a sensitive stomach.
Tips To Take Care Of The Dogs With Sensitive Stomach
Now that you are entirely accustomed to the idea of sensitive stomachs in dogs, as a pet owner, you must also learn the steps to take care of this situation and let your doggie cheer you up for your days.
1. Change The Meal Plans For Your Pup
Now that you know that your pet dog is suffering from a condition known as a sensitive stomach, you must look for some helpful resources that can help you out of this situation. The first on the list, however, is the advice to change the meal plans for your pup.
If you want to make sure that your pet dog undergoes no more suffering and pain, but instead leads a happy life, you must switch up its diet to the best dog food for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
Treating your pup with the nutrition it requires is the best way to help them out of that situation. This will make sure that your puppy can digest all the nutrients from its meal and thus remain at the pink of its health.
However, pet owners must know that such a transformation shall never be done abruptly. In other words, pet owners should make sure that their dogs can keep up with the change.
Thus, it is advised that they mix the new dog food which suits their pet’s gut, with the food which they were having for so long.
Over time, the portions of the fresh dog food shall be increased, and the food which was previously being fed to them shall be decreased. This must be done for the tenure of a few days, till the time your dog is suited with the new type of food.
2. Combine A Meal That Contains Essential Nutrients
Apart from choosing the best dog food for your pup, you can also indulge some healthy food habits into your pet dog so that it does not lack the nutrients that it requires to sustain a healthy life form.
Anything from chicken, turkey, and beef, sources that act as good protein supplements can be fed to your pup so that it remains active and energetic.Proper inclusion of fats and fibers are also crucial to have a healthy pup.
These food sources can enhance bowel activity and make sure your pet dog is immune to most of the diseases too. For the quota of carbohydrates in your pup’s diet, you can add rice and boiled potatoes in its menu.
These carbohydrate sources are proven to be immensely helpful for your dog’s well-being and overall built.
To make sure your pup has higher levels of energy, you can add rice to its diet. Rice and potatoes have very high levels of carbohydrates and can effectively maintain the sugar levels of your pet dog.
Like us humans, dogs too can get bored with the same food habits and resist eating the same kinds of food every day. Thus, it is crucial to bring about the right changes in their diet so that they are happy about it.
However, changing the diet does not mean that you treat them with junk food. The so-called treats and candies can ruin the functioning of your pup’s digestive processes, and so, they must not be fed to them very often.
Make sure to feed your pet dog only the food that it requires. In other words, get your hands upon the best dog food for sensitive stomach-vomiting and start initiating it to your pup’s diet. You can do so by checking out the list of the best dog foods available in the market, like the one mentioned here.
3. Never Over Feed Your Dog
Do not overfeed your pet dog. Yes, dogs are the cutest thing alive, and it is tough to resist treating them once they have amazed you, but this needs to be done.
If you find your pet dog to be vomiting too often or excreting loose stools, you must understand that the time has come when you need to stop treating it with junk foods.
Moreover, cut off all the food items which are not responsible for healthy growth in your pup’s diet. All the treats must be cut off until the health of your pet has been restored.
4. Maintain The Balance
Once you have found the best product for your little pup, do not feed that to it as a whole. For the first few days, it is indispensable that you take small steps and advance slowly.
It is recommended that you mix some portions of the new dog food that you have purchased along with the food item you were feeding it earlier.
The balance must not be broken, as pups cannot cope up with such adverse changes in their food cycle. Thus, it is advised to change the routine gradually, over a week or ten days, if necessary.
5. Do Not Feed Your Food To Dogs
Do not feed your meals to your pet dog. This is one of the most common mistakes made by pet owners. The fact that feeding your meals to your pup is a risky mistake is not easily understandable by all.
If it were okay to supply all sorts of home-cooked to the pet dogs, then the idea of separate dog foods would not have raised. Just like human beings cannot go on for long, feeding upon dog food, in the same way, dogs cannot digest the food that we eat.
Pet dogs do not readily absorb the diet that humans consume, and thus, this mistake should be avoided at large.
6. Check The Labels
Check the labels mentioned in the dog food. The dietary supplements and their percentages are always indicated at the back of those food items. Do not hesitate to read them carefully. This way, you would be able to choose the right food products for your dog and make sure they do not fall sick.
Check the manufacturing details as well. Since people who buy these food items do not purchase them for their usage, they tend to forget these steps, and as a result, it is the pet dogs that undergo all the suffering.
7. Keep The Love Quotient High
Be more emotionally attached to your pets. Just like human beings, dogs crave attention as well, so treat them with all the love and affection in the world. After all, your pet dog is only loyal to you, and for them, your happiness is all the matters.
So, dog owners must return this favor in the sweetest way possible and in such a manner that makes their pets feel special. Proper love and care come under the general training of your dog.
If it does well and respects your command, you must treat it with love and respect as well. Do not let your pets feel unwanted; make sure to spend enough time with them. They have a soul and feelings; too, so make sure you do not hurt their sentiments.
FAQs on Dog Foods For Sensitive Stomach
New pet owners or owners who are not very experienced in this field often have some vital questions at the back of their minds.
However, to make this segment quite an engaging one, most of the “frequently asked questions” on this subject are answered below. This helps the pet owners understand their pups a bit more accurately.
1. Do All Breeds Of Dogs Have The Same Food Habits?
Answer: Different breeds of dogs are seen to have different requirements of nutrition, and as a result, the overall food pattern might vary a lot.
As people residing in different regions are seen to have to change food habits, the dogs, in the same way, differ in what they eat. Although, it would be ignorant to say that two breeds of dogs cannot thrive upon the same food items.
2. Does A Small-Sized Dog Eat Differently Than A Bigger One?
Answer: Yes, the requirements of essential nutrients if different for a grown-up dog. The little pups are often fed light meals and easily digestible food items.
However, as it grows, the requirements also increase, and as a result, the same food is no longer credible. Thus distinguishing factor is seen quite often in brands that manufacture pet dog foods. They always mention about the type of dog it is made for.
3. Is Runny Poop Indication Of Sensitive Stomach?
Answer: Runny poop can be caused because of infection, indigestion and bacteria but it can also indicate sensitive stomach. If your dog’s poop is runny for a longer time than expected then you can think of it as a symptom of sensitive stomach.
4. Can Vegetarian Protein Cause Sensitive Stomach?
Answer:If your dog is allergic to any food grain or dairy products and he is continuously fed with the same food then he may suffer sensitive stomach because of that.
5. Is It Possible That The Food Intolerance In The Dog Can Be Caused Due To Emotional Stress?
Answer: Dogs are complex beings like humans and they have complex emotions. Many times you can notice that dogs stop eating when their owner is away and if the one person dies even they die because the quit food in emotional stress.
If the dog is going through any kind of an emotional distress he can suffer digestive problems and food intolerance too.
6. Is It Ok For The Dogs To Eat Fruits If They Have Sensitive Stomach?
Sugar is not good for dogs and vets ask you to keep your dog away from sugars because it can irritate their stomachs. Fruits contain natural sugar in form of fructose and glucose that will not harm in very small quantities.
But if given in large quantity it is not good especially for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Unnatural sugars are harmful to dogs in any quantity.
Buy Best Dog Food For Dogs With Sensitive Stomachs and Keep Them Healthy!
It is a common notion for people to think that a dog can survive eating anything that comes along its way. This idea is not only wrong, but this type of mentality can adversely impact the lifespan of dogs.
Since their food habits are left unchecked, and their sickness is not medicated, the chances of your pet dog failing to sustain life increases tremendously.
Dogs are indeed a man’s best friend. However, dog owners must also be wholly responsible for making sure that their pets are treated well.
The food that pet dogs are fed plays a crucial role in their well-being, and so, any complications in this area might lead their pets to fall sick.
One of the most common phenomena that occur in dogs is the condition of a sensitive stomach. In such a scenario, a dog is unable to digest its meals and may end up vomiting.
However, this condition could be taken care of by the best dog food for sensitive stomach and gas. To choose the best dog product which is available in the market, you can refer to the list that is mentioned in this segment.
However, it is highly recommended that dog owners take their time while introducing a new food item in their pet’s diet.
Tenure of seven to ten days is enough to make the new food item their staple food. Moreover, make sure to love your pup and never miss out on any new adventures.